Minor B: Castleconnor 6-12 v 2-03 Enniscrone/Kilglass

posted 26 Apr 2014, 06:44 by castleconnor sligo
The lads took on Enniscrone at home in the last match of the group stages of the league on Thursday, knowing a win would guarantee a home semi final.

They got off to a great start with a goal from Matthew Cullen, but Enniscrone came back with a point and a goal in quick succession. The home side never gave up and went back in front with a goal from Sean Carrabine and a point from Micheal Cahill. At this point Castleconnor started to take over with further points from Matthew, Sean and Jason Earlis. Keith Foody left the field with a minor injury and Paul Flynn was introduced, slotting into the half forward line. Enniscrone refused to give up and looked dangerous on the counter-attack but were unable to convert the scores, thanks to great defensive work by the backs, midfield and the occasional half forward.

Halft time score was 3-7 to 2-1 in our favour.

The second half started with Enniscrone breaking down for a point. Castleconnor answered with a point from Matthew but Enniscrone scored another point. That was to be the last score for the away side, as the lads dominated from this point on. Goals from Jack, Matthew and Danny put the game out of sight. Enniscrone came on the attack once or twice more but were cut out by more great defending from Conor Gallagher, Stephen Durkan, James Boland Cian Barrins and Enda Kilcullen.
Lewis Beardshall and Odhran Quinn came on for Matthew and Danny, with Lewis scoring a point. Further points from Sean finished the game off.

It ended 6-12 to 2-3. The lads now play Coolera/Strandhill in a home semi final after topping the group with four wins.
Team : Kenneth Flynn, Conor Gallagher (captain), Stephen Durkan, James Boland, Cian Barrins, Enda Kilcullen, Jason Earlis (0-1), Keith Foody, Sean Carrabine (1-4), Jack O'Hora (2-0), Micheal Cahill (0-1), Matthew Cullen (2-5), Danny O'Hora (0-1)
Subs: Lewis Beardshall (0-1), Odhran Quinn, Paul Flynn